Monday, January 12, 2009

future conquests

With the start of a new quarter, the search of the light at the end of the tunnel, aka SPRING BREAK destinations, has begun.

CALI - I promised Gumi I would visit before she graduated. I'm determined not to break it but I'm running out of time. Besides, I gotta meet this dude that has her on cloud 9. Cons: It's California. Typical. Pros: Meggie's cooking :P

CHI-TOWN - If Kate lived in South Dakota or a more boring equivalent (sorry, South Dakotans) I'm sure it'd be fun. This girl always surprises, never disappoints. Cons: The tickets were a little steep AND I heard it get so windy sometimes the have ropes to hold onto around campus to help you get to class. Pros: I'm a Chi-town virgin and I would love for Kate to respectfully take my V card.

VEGAS - with Ann & friends. I'm not sure if this is a done deal, but who can resist a city that allows you to carry a 6-pack in one hand, a yard margarita in another and dudes that tame white tigers? Cons: Don't get me wrong, I love gay bars but gay bars in VEGAS?... Pros: Bonding time with the sister...aka your typical shit show just with live animals.

HI - Beach. Waves. Tropical island. Even though I've been more than a couple times, there are still things that I haven't done that I want to do. Turtle Bay, Diamond Head (NOT having to run up and down it), fishing, Oahu Crossfit, Koko Head, etc. Cons: It's Hawaii. Can we say de ja vu? Pros: It's Hawaii.

It's all tentative. At least, I have a couple relatively cheap options. Too bad M's Spring Training in AZ is most likely out of question. Contemplating all these destinations got me looking even farther in the future to summer activities...

Rock 'n' Roll marathons have been taking place across the country but the first one in Seattle is in June. There will be live bands at every mile! I won't even have to run with headphones. The course isn't finalized yet but it starts in Tukwila so I'm assuming you don't have to retrace any part of the course. I gotta improve my HI time!

www.rnrseattle.com

I was also thinking about doing a triathlon...there's one in July but I think I'm most likely going to do the Rock 'n' Roll. I don't know if my body will be too happy with me but who knows? Maybe if I actually stick to my New Year's resolution I'll be ready.

Crap. It's 2:22am. Shower time!

This cover has been stuck in my head. I heart hellogoodbye!

No comments: