Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feelings...nothing more than feelings

Last post was in March?! YIKES. I haven't been journaling either... Probably because:

1) I want to start fresh with a new journal. The one I've been using since the apple juice incident was start in 2007. I guess just having my thoughts from two different times in my life, so close together doesn't feel right.

2) I like getting new journals.

I have started another Spring Quarter at NSCC and its going alright so far. I'm taking Elementary Statistics (my last prereq for the HIHIM program) and Painting. I like statistics because I think my teacher is pretty good. He's tough but I should appreciate that especially if I intend to actually learn something. I haven't bought my book yet. I know, I know. 3rd week into the quarter without a book = not good. I'll get it tomorrow. Probably. Maybe.

Painting is amazing! I was super sad when I thought I would have to drop it though. Luckily, I have a boyfriend to talk some sense into me. (Thanks MJ) My teacher is a 60 something-no-bullshit kinda guy, who intimidated me at first. I hate it when people read what I'm writing over my shoulder, so it's even worse if someone does it while I'm painting or drawing. I had to get over it eventually because he does it all the time. So many of my classmates are really talented. I just hope to learn more and hopefully improve.

My good friend Noel is here on leave from Italy! I can't believe he's already leaving tomorrow :( We were able to see each other the last two weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to visit him before he gets stationed elsewhere. I want to travel!! Arggh.

I applied to UW's Health Informatics and Health Information program on Tax Day. I must say, I am a bit nervous/anxious/scared. Everyone that I've talked to who know about it/graduated from it say it is super easy to get into. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse. If I don't get in, I'll feel crappy because I couldn't get into a super easy program. If I do get in, well, I'll be effing happy! Haha. Seriously, I don't think that getting into any program at any four year university is going to be "super easy." I find out on or before May 15th, my god sister Charmane's birthday. CROSSING FINGERS.

Work is good. I'm still just happy to be working. After my first pay check, I can't believe I stayed at Victoria's Secret for so long! 3 years and I got paid in pennies it seems. Now that my UW app is done, it's time to start that job hunt again! Congrats Sheena for getting a job at Fred Hutch! You give me hope!

I haven't been working out lately. I can feel myself getting weaker. I'm planning on running tomorrow and going to my first hot yoga class tomorrow. I want to get back in shape! The gym is having another challenge come May so I gotta get ready!

I guess that's all for now. I've had good days and bad but I've learned to be grateful for the life I have and the wonderful people in it.

Speaking of wonderful people......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN! :D

No comments: