22 days til Christmas!
6 days til the end of Fall Quarter!
7 days til my flight to paradise!
11 days til I die on the side of the road in paradise...
Thanksgiving was wonderful! Filled with the usual: family, friends, football and food. I walked into Applebee's Wednesday night and I thought I had walked into the cafeteria at good ol' CKHS. (GO Cougs! :D) Literally saw people I haven't seen since graduation. It was even better at Gandhis. I can't remember the last time I had so many friends from different groups under one roof since my cotillion. It was so totally super awesome. Well, up until I ran into an old flame (very old, mind you) and a dude who wished he had even been a flicker of one (...?). Yikes. That was definitely interesting to say the least. But, as always, my knight in shining armor (and a pitcher of my fave) came to the rescue. Thanks, Marc. So 5 hours and three bars later, I headed home to find my lovely brat of a pup waiting up for me.
I woke up the next morning to the smell of turkey in the oven and Faddy's voice pleading for me to get to Howerton field for the 3rd annual Turkey Bowl. It wasn't too muddy (which is a shame) and the game didn't really seem to have an end. I forgot how big some of my friends are! I guess it helps when they decide to play let's-see-how-high-you-can-throw-PJ-in-the-air...My team lost but we didn't go down without a fight.
Lunch with the fam (Ann and her bag of goldfish via webcam), nap, then it was off to the Torrella's new pad. Gem sounded like she had been smoking for 20 years and opted to stay home and hang with Allie and Tess. (I've come to believe I have underestimated the hyperness of my dog. She is crazy.) Besides the regulars, Diana & Dann, Tsan, and Kleane dropped by. Called it a night around 11:30 pm. With no newspaper to map our route, we decided to meet at Target at 6 am. Yeah that didn't happen. Marc called me at 6 (Impressive, considering I was supposed to call and wake him up) while I was still in bed, cozy and warm. It was a Pink Friday fail. Lines were long, everybody was gift shopping crazy and still full from the night before. I was definitely not feeling it. Nor the breakfast sandwich I regretfully bought at Target. I didn't even really know what I wanted to shop for. I couldn't win. Marc and I accepted defeat and retreated to his place for a much needed nap.
We went to the Bean later to relax. I miss that place and haven't found a worthy equivalent. Sure, I'll live 3 days at Panera but I almost feel like I'm in a hole by myself. Yes, the Bean is still comfortably sitting in its numero uno spot. Now if only I could convince Austin Chase to give up their mocha swirls to them I would be in caffeine heaven.
Wow. Wasn't expecting to write a book about my Thanksgiving. I need to study for crying out loud. On a very sad note, my uncle Ben passed away on Sunday. Although it was expected, you can never be totally prepared for these kinds of things...the funeral is on Saturday at Star of Sea so I'm heading back to Bremerton on Friday.
Rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment